Tuesday, January 18, 2011

More Valentine Projects

I am in a very 'Valentiney" mood! I had so much fun making these next two scrappy projects! I am in love with all the banners that I have seen posted and wanted to try my hand at it. I made this super fun and easy Valentine banner for my 19 yo daughter. It had to be funky and not too "cute". She is very into zebra stripes, and her room is hot pink and black. I decided on "Love Rocks" to be the title on the banner, and I got to try out my new Rock Princess Cricut cartridge. I welded the heart font onto the hearts with my gypsy (I love that thing!). I love the skulls with the bows and the heart shaped eyes! We also blinged it up with rhinestones, marshmallow glimmer mist and TONS of Stickles, then we finished it off with some pink zebra stiped ribbon I found today at Michael's. I think it turned out really cute and my daughter is very happy with it! Although, she informed me that since she recently broke up with her boyfriend that it should have said "Love Sucks"...haha. She won't think that way forever :) Here is a full shot of the banner...
And here is a close-up-all images were cut at 5 inches.
Okay, now I have a confesstion to make. I have owned my Create a Critter cartridge for probably 6 months now and have NEVER used it until I made this Valentine card. And now I am addicted to it! It's soooo stinkin' cute!
Here are a few images of my card. I used the pocket card from the Just Because Cards cartridge. I printed out the sentiment on my computer and stamped the hearts and to and from images on the back! I'm very pleased with how it came out. More animal punny cards to come, I'm sure.




3 comments:

  1. Kee Kee this is darling. Can you upload/share files? Not sure how to do that or even if you would want to ... but you really create some cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute...
    Just became a follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
    Minta
    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Teela! Glad you like em! Minta I checked out your blog, and am following you as well!

    ReplyDelete